StarSlay3r's Gaming Blog

Just me writing about my love of gaming and gaming related experiences.

Well, as you all read... I officially retired from Guitar Hero for Street Fighter. Well... can I take it back? lol Guess I'm coming OUT of retirement. Yeah I know that was fast. I'm waiting for all of you to go "I knew it! I knew you couldn't give it up!" And also, some smart ass comments about how I must be picking it up cuz I suck at Street Fighter or something.

Well, the reason why I'm picking it back up is this. And... it's possibly only temporary. Well first why I wanted to quit...I didn't want to compete this year on Guitar Hero because that's all people seem to think I can do. I wanted to show I have talent in other genres. I also wanted to spend time on SF4 and see how well I do with it. Now... why I changed my mind... Recently I got a text from inControl (WCG Ultimate gamer competitor and WCG Starcraft champ) asking if I was going to the World Cyber Games US Invitational. I told him I got an invite but was going to Michigan that weekend. (which the trip to Mi got rescheduled to the week after now) Well after talking to him a bit about how I quit Guitar Hero and all that he was like "you GOTTA GO!" yeah well I thought about it and I want to go...

I basically have a few shots left to qualify for a spot for WCG team USA and I am going to try. I will also attend the WCG US Invitationals if I get sponsorship help. (crossing fingers) and have already been confirmed to go compete in Mexico next month. I'm not really able to invest the time into researching Star Paths so I'm going to just have to see how far I can make it with just pure raw skill and hope I mess up less than the other players. heh

I'll keep my starslay3r.com account updated with all of my upcoming events. Since the site is down for a bit I'll have starslay3r.com viewable through myspace.com/StarSlay3r

So yeah, you guys will see me at 2 more Guitar Hero tournaments this year... we'll see about more MAYBE in the future. :D

2 comments:

It'd be cool if you can make to the Invitationals. Hope to see ya there!

Good luck with qualifying for WCG team USA :)
I'm sure you will do great.

Post a Comment